Virtual training makes learning accessible to everyone. By removing the geographical barriers to learning, VILT software helps enhance students’ product adoption, career development and knowledge – without sacrificing the instructor’s effectiveness. As a result, training departments are moving away from traditional, face-to-face learning and embracing virtual instructor-led training (VILT).
In this 2-part blog post, we provide the first 2 reasons why training departments are switching to VILT:
List of Contents
1. VILT Eliminates Travel
With hefty airline, lodging, car rental and per diem expenses, travel costs can add up very quickly. When you compare in-person training and online training, virtual training eliminates the need for travel and lodging, making online training a cost-effective and accessible option. With VILT, not only do students have the ability to access content from anywhere in the world, but instructors don’t need to manage the wear-and-tear and stress associated with constantly being on the road and away from home.
2. VILT Mimics Real-life Classrooms
It is a misconception that face-to-face training is the only type of teaching that allows instructors to implement strategies that keep students involved and engaged. It is also a misconception that virtual training is just watching presentations and videos, without the interactivity of an in-person class.
It is a misconception that face-to-face training is the only type of teaching that keeps students involved and engaged.
In fact, today’s most innovative virtual machine training includes features that make virtual classrooms the same – or better than – in-person classroom environments, making it easy for instructors to provide effective and engaging learning experiences. For example:
- Virtual training labs (sometimes referred to as lab environments) allow for hands-on exercises and practice examples using the actual software being taught, not simulations. These exercises give students the practical training they need to become productive with the technology they’ll be using at work.
- Private and public chats allow instructors to efficiently communicate back and forth with individual students or with the entire class.
- Whiteboards allow instructors to draw, write, and demonstrate flowcharts, process maps and IT network diagrams.
- Using screen-sharing features, instructors can share their desktop or a student’s desktop with the entire class or a select group of students within the class.
- Through remote lab control, instructors can easily access any student’s virtual training lab to show them how to fix an error or to demonstrate a best practice.
- Activity monitoring tools allow instructors to continuously see if students are still working in their labs and staying engaged.
VILT software provides a nearly identical teaching experience for instructors – and, arguably, a better learning experience for students. The innovative features in VILT software have taken instructor/student interactions to a new level.
Check back again in 2 weeks when we provide the 3 other reasons why training departments are switching to virtual training. See you then!