Did your internet search for what is a virtual instructor-led training lead you here? You’re in luck! We have everything you need to know about what is a virtual instructor-led training in this blog post, so read on! You might have heard about virtual instructor-led training, or VILT. Virtual Instructor-Led Trainings (VILTs) are software programs that combine real-world training with digital experiences. They give learners the ability to interact with virtual environments and digital characters in a simulated setting. With VILT, e-learning courses become more engaging and interactive. They also allow instructors to respond to the emotional needs of their students more effectively than face-to-face instruction alone. But you might be wondering what else you can learn about this method, and what is a virtual instructor-led training truly? In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of VILT training for your organization, delve deeper into what exactly VILTs are, and give you an overview of some of the VILT solutions available on the market today.
List of Contents
- 1 What is a virtual instructor-led training? A deep dive
- 2 Why use virtual instructor-led training?
- 3 How does VILT work?
- 4 What is a virtual instructor-led training benefit?
- 5 Why is VILT training important for your organization?
- 6 How does VILT differ from e-learning and m-learning?
- 7 What you should know before developing a VILT course?
- 8 3 Best practices for developing effective VILT courses
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 ReadyTech is Here
What is a virtual instructor-led training? A deep dive
What is a virtual instructor-led training truly? There are many elements to them. Virtual instructor-led training is an online learning process that allows students and employees to learn from a virtual instructor but in a synchronous online environment. The virtual instructor feeds the learner information and monitors their progress, allowing them to tailor their instruction based on the learner’s individual needs. This type of e-learning offers many benefits compared to other training methods. To understand how you can implement this solution for your business, read on for our virtual trainer-led training guide.
While there are other types of instructor-led training (ILT) options, VILT is unique because of its remote but synchronous format. It is often referred to as “synchronous online training” to distinguish it from other e-learning solutions. By combining a virtual environment with an instructor, you can deliver high-quality training that meets the needs of a variety of employees. You can increase engagement and retention while reducing travel costs and improving productivity. VILT is ideal for employees who need training in soft skills, technical skills, and specialized subject matter.
Why use virtual instructor-led training?
Traditional instructor-led training (ILT) is effective for some situations, but not for others. ILT is a tried-and-true method for delivering high-quality training in person. With face-to-face training, you can observe the learner’s behavior, see if they are understanding the content, and assess their problem-solving skills. You can also tailor the content based on the group’s needs. However, ILT has several limitations. Here are some differences between what is a virtual instructor-led training compared ITL.
– ILT is not a scalable solution. There are only so many employees that can be trained in person at one time.
– ILT is costly. Employers often face travel fees, venue costs, and instructor time.
– ILT is not always appropriate. Some employees, such as remote workers, may prefer online training.
How does VILT work?
VILT delivers the benefits of ILT in an online environment. A virtual instructor guides a group of learners through the training using a screen-sharing application. This allows the instructor to see the screen of each learner and ensure they are following along. To create a synchronous online environment, the instructor and learners will be on a dedicated network. This prevents learners from interacting with other networks and reduces the risk of viruses or malware. The virtual instructor can use tools like polling, simulations, or peer-to-peer discussions to facilitate real-time engagement. VILT is ideal for technical skills training, soft skills training, and specialized subject-matter training. It is also a scalable solution, meaning that you can deliver training to many learners at once.
What is a virtual instructor-led training benefit?
There are several!
- VILT training is designed to meet the needs of all learners, regardless of their circumstances. To do this, it utilizes a combination of three elements — virtual reality, simulated learning environments, and digital characters — to create an engaging, immersive, and responsive learning experience.
- VILT courses are effective in addressing the needs of individuals who are unable to attend face-to-face training sessions due to work or geographic restrictions. VILT training can also help to address the needs of those with special learning needs, such as people with disabilities.
VILTs can be used to address a variety of training needs, including:
- Training new employees – A VILT course allows employees to learn the ropes from the comfort of their own homes. The interactive and engaging nature of these courses makes them ideal for helping new hires attain relevant skills as quickly as possible.
- Retraining employees – VILTs can be used to quickly re-educate employees who have seen job changes or experienced job-related skill loss.
Why is VILT training important for your organization?
- VILTs allow organizations to streamline training and development programs.
- In addition to saving money on travel and venue expenses, VILT training allows organizations to serve a wider range of employees.
- VILTs are especially helpful for organizations that have employees who are geographically dispersed.
- VILTs also allows organizations to provide more personalized training for a wider range of employees.
- VILT training allows organizations to address the needs of a wider range of learners.
- Organizations can use VILTs to customize training to the skill sets of specific employees and to address the educational needs of employees with special needs.
- VILTs can also be used to address the needs of learners who are unable to attend face-to-face training sessions due to work or geographic restrictions.
How does VILT differ from e-learning and m-learning?
What is a virtual instructor-led training compared to e and m learning? VILTs combine the best aspects of e-learning and m-learning to create a highly engaging and responsive training experience.
E-learning courses like the ones you find on Coursera are often passive in nature and are generally used for information dissemination and basic skill-building. E-learning is often asynchronous in nature, meaning it does not entail a real-time response from the learner. The courses are often self-paced, and they may or may not include an instructor.
M-learning (mobile learning, or app learning like Duolingo) courses are often shorter and less comprehensive than full-blown VILT courses. They focus on providing learners with immediate access to short instructional and/or informational resources. The courses are often asynchronous in nature, meaning they do not entail a real-time response from the learner. M-learning courses are also self-paced and may or may not include an instructor.
What you should know before developing a VILT course?
Before developing a VILT course, you should carefully consider your target audience and the training objectives. You should also consider the type of technology your course will utilize. VILTs can be used to deliver instruction across a number of different modalities, but you should choose the modality that best addresses the needs of your audience. Keep in mind that each modality has its own strengths and weaknesses.
You should also decide how much interaction your learners will engage in. While VILTs can be highly interactive, you must strike a careful balance between interaction and learner attention. Too much interaction can leave your learners feeling overwhelmed and distracted, whereas too little interaction can make your course feel boring and unengaging.
3 Best practices for developing effective VILT courses
VILTs are highly interactive and engaging, but that doesn’t mean they don’t require a great deal of effort to develop. You must take a careful and thoughtful approach to VILT course development if you want to create a high-quality experience for your learners. These four best practices will help you make the most of VILT course development.
Storytelling – Tell a story – This is the basis of all great VILT courses. You should use a story arc to drive your course and make your content more engaging.
Create an interactive dialogue – You can increase learner engagement by including an interactive dialogue throughout your course.
Creating an emotional experience – Make your course emotionally engaging – VILTs should make your learners feel something. They should be able to relate to your content on an emotional level.
Make your course personal – You should try to make your course as personal as possible by including real-world examples and references.
Your internet search for what is a virtual instructor-led training hopefully led you to this blog, and we hope most of your questions have been answered. To conclude, VILTs are highly interactive and engaging, but they don’t happen by themselves. To develop effective VILT courses, you must think carefully about your target audience and the training objectives. You must also consider the type of technology your course will utilize. When you approach VILT course development with these considerations in mind, you can create high-quality learning experiences that engage learners and allow them to learn at their own pace.
ReadyTech is Here
Remote, self-paced training is the new frontier of teaching and learning, as the need to keep up with the growing remote learning industry is stronger than ever. ReadyTech provides you with everything you need, and we offer a full-service setup process and 24/7 live support. Do you have questions? We can answer many more for you about what is virtual instructor-led training, so contact us today.