Virtual instructor-led training platforms are among the most crucial e-learning applications, and they find many uses in educational and business environments. Virtual training platforms are computer interfaces used to interact with learning material, peers, and a virtual instructor. Read on to learn how labs are used in virtual instructor-led training platforms for employee training.
What are Virtual Labs?
A virtual lab is a simulation of the classroom experience. Students are present in virtual labs either all at once or asynchronously. In the lab, they have a variety of tasks to complete and are offered a wealth of features to complete these tasks. Virtual labs are interactive and visual and are a more concise way to learn new material.
Taking the egalitarian approach, ReadyTech’s virtual lab feature is an online platform that allows an instructor to view the entire classroom at once and monitor student progress. This differs from a classroom setting where some students might sit in the back and both the instructor and student naturally become disengaged from one another.
In addition, the virtual lab allows students to see and interact with the instructor and their peers clearly and equivalently. And most notably, if a student becomes disengaged or participation has halted, the virtual lab feature allows an instructor to be informed right away. It can provide remediation just in time.
Facts About Virtual Labs & Virtual Instructor-Led Training Platforms
- In virtual labs, a computer provides a three-dimensional virtual environment for the learning lab that enables the student to coexist, interact, and work together.
- The virtual classroom is without walls. It eliminates geographic distance, allowing for a considerable number of more employees to be trained at once and preparing your department or company as a whole in better time.
- Virtual training platforms give employees more time to get hands-on experience in the virtual lab instead of writing another boring document.
- Students benefit from peer-to-peer interaction and collaboration as they would in a traditional classroom setting. In addition, interactions between peers become more frequent, focused, and valuable.
- Virtual classrooms enable students from different ages, cultures, skills, and backgrounds to be in the same room as never before, promoting access to a diverse network of people.
- Online training software and design allow the trainee to be self-paced and self-directed, which reinforces these skills. This precise model transfers to today’s jobs, where expectations of self-direction, accountability, and productivity are high.
- The virtual lab can reduce costs and eliminate waste with a high potential to improve learning efficiency.
- Students are not limited to one particular place or time in the virtual environment as necessary to achieve their learning goals. Students can spend as much time in the virtual environment as required.
- You still can achieve core learning outcomes in virtual labs as you would have in a classroom, and often technology and its features ensure the learning outcomes are measured and proven.
- Virtual labs will become more immersive as virtual and augmented reality technology improves.
ReadyTech provides companies and employees with a hosted training solution that offers hands-on, virtual training software to aid employees in practicing job skills. Companies that invest in employee training benefit from reduced attrition rates and hiring costs, better productivity, knowledgeable employees, and a competitive hiring environment.
ReadyTech provides you with all the software you need for your virtual classroom, and we offer a full-service setup process and 24/7 live support. Contact us today to get started.